Cereal & Other Box Upcycling: Organizing Tupperware Lids

Sunday, April 14, 2013



Yet another brilliant Pintrest discovery while filling up my DIY House Cleaning & Organization Pinboard. Pintrest has enlightened me and inspired me to reuse what would otherwise be considered trash.  One of my favorite and most popular upcycled items are cereal boxes and other miscellaneous boxes.  This is part one of a multi-part miniseries of posts dedicated to upcycling boxes.  Look for Organizing Children's Books, Organizing Mail & Paperwork, and Organizing Canned Goods in the near future.

Anyway, I'll show you what my tupperware lids looked like before I organized them with the boxes.  You might notice that these are, also, mostly upcycled butter, sour cream, and other containers.  More on that in a future post, as well.  As you can see, it was very messy

In order to create these nifty lid holders for my tupperware, I simply saved empty macaroni, cereal, and fruit snack boxes.  I then removed the flaps with scissors wherever the box was open.  Finally I cut at an angle most of the way down and then straight across.  I did the same on the other side.  I like this way best, but I'm sure you can modify the whole process to your liking.

As you can see, mine have yet to be prettified. I suggest colorful duct tape, fabric, wrapping paper, or scrapbook paper.  Or you could not do anything at all with them (for now or for forever) and let them simply be functional creations sans pretty.  Now, instead of needing an entire shelf for themselves, my lids are on the same shelf as my tupperware.

Have you done this or something similar?  Please share your own organization tips, creations, or recreations of this post!  Thanks for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Blog contents © Mom's Potty Mouth 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.