21 Somewhat Ridiculous Things Our Parents Said & So Will You

Monday, April 29, 2013

This list hardly covers all the things I heard as a child, but I think it covers the more ridiculous/stupid ones.  Of course, many of these have or will be repeated by me and other now-parents.  Why can't we stop this repetitive nonsense?
  1. Because I said so.
  2. I brought you into this world and I can take you out.
  3. I'll knock you into next week.
  4. Because I told you to.
  5. Because I'm your mom/dad.
  6. Because I'm the parent.
  7. Do what I say, not what I do.
  8. When I was your age...blah, blah, blah.
  9. Do you want a spanking?
  10. You'll understand when you're older.
  11. It'll put hair on your chest.
  12. It'll make you grow up big and strong.
  13. Money doesn't grow on trees.
  14. If whats-his-face jumps off a bridge, are you going to jump too?
  15. Stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about.
  16. Don't make me come in there.
  17. How many times do I have to tell you?
  18. I've had it up to here with you.
  19. It's my house, my rules.
  20. As long as you live in my house, I'm the boss.
  21. Were you born in a barn?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Blog contents © Mom's Potty Mouth 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.