- Because I said so.
- I brought you into this world and I can take you out.
- I'll knock you into next week.
- Because I told you to.
- Because I'm your mom/dad.
- Because I'm the parent.
- Do what I say, not what I do.
- When I was your age...blah, blah, blah.
- Do you want a spanking?
- You'll understand when you're older.
- It'll put hair on your chest.
- It'll make you grow up big and strong.
- Money doesn't grow on trees.
- If whats-his-face jumps off a bridge, are you going to jump too?
- Stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about.
- Don't make me come in there.
- How many times do I have to tell you?
- I've had it up to here with you.
- It's my house, my rules.
- As long as you live in my house, I'm the boss.
- Were you born in a barn?
Monday, April 29, 2013
This list hardly covers all the things I heard as a child, but I think it covers the more ridiculous/stupid ones. Of course, many of these have or will be repeated by me and other now-parents. Why can't we stop this repetitive nonsense?
Powered by Blogger.