Why I Never Get Anything Done Online

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Have a I mentioned that I'm gone 50 hours a week for work or work-related driving?  Yeah, well, I am.  It sucks.  A lot.  I love what I do, but...damn.  I really wish I could see my own family more.

Anyway, when I'm not working (or driving to and from work), I'm usually working on homework or cleaning.  You'd think when I got the time to sit down at the computer, I'd manage my free time better.  WRONG!

Facebook, we all know, is like the biggest distraction in the world.  I think every woman with one has fallen victim to scrolling down, down, down through the news feed and getting tangled in the web of sharing and liking and commenting.  Ugh.  I do that waaaaay too much, considering how limited my supply of free time is.

While scrolling down, down, down through my news feed, I come across awesome (and not-so-awesome) stories that distract me even further.


For example, apparently Ford had this awesome ad featuring the Kardashians bound and gagged (presumably by Paris Hilton) in the back of a Ford Figo.  Well, they pulled the ad, but I think that's a shame.  Seems pretty legit to me!

Or how about this cute little girl who was adopted as an embryo and then carried and birthed by her adoptive mother?

Then I found this awesomely disturbing Halloween costume!

Source
And then another touching story about a baby who was in ice for 3 days in order to save her life!

I even found a list of 7 things you can steal from your kids, guilt free.  I can't wait to talk more about this one later!  Especially the controversy surrounding the diary being on this list.

So, as you can see, it's really hard to stay focused.  Oh look!  Something shiny!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Blog contents © Mom's Potty Mouth 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.