|For some reason, I didn't take any pictures of the chili?|
Fate would have it, the eve of their departure, I was tempted to make chili. Ironically, jalapenos are extremely cheap at my local grocery store. Unfortunately, everything else is outrageously high. Tempted by the low price tag, I purchased four jalapenos. Thus begins the story of the Holy Hotness Chili.
Estimated Prep & Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients & Supplies
- 1lb Hamburger
- 15 oz Hormel Chili
- 4 Jalapenos
- Canned Mushrooms
- 64oz Tomato Juice
- Light and Dark Kidney Beans
- Canned Diced Tomatoes
- Skillet, spatula, soup ladle, pot
- Brown hamburger in skillet.
- While browning hamburger, remove the stems from jalapenos and puree in blender. Adding a little bit of tomato juice to the blender helped this process, for me.
- In pot, combine all ingredients. This can be done before, during, and/or after browning hamburger. The only purpose is to heat all the other ingredients.
This left lots of leftovers which I have been slowly consuming over the past few days, along with my sour cream. It's just as good, if not better, the second (or third, or fourth) time around.