Biscuit Pizza

Friday, October 12, 2012

Please excuse the poor quality.  Taken with my iPad.

Today I made what I have dubbed as the Biscuit Pizza.  I saw the recipe over at Mom Spotted, and knew I had to try it!  I wanted to try and combine her recipe and this Spooky Ghost Pizza I found.  However, I didn't have any fresh, sliced Mozzarella for the ghosts.  So, no spooky pizza for us.

I turned down dining out tonight because I was really looking forward to trying the recipe (don't worry, my hubby and I just rescheduled our dinner out for tomorrow evening).  I have tried, in the past, to make homemade pizza, and even homemade pizza rolls.  Neither were very good.  They took so much time and then there was little to no payoff.  Needless to say, my experience making homemade pizza-anything has been a disaster and not very encouraging for future endeavors.

I am so glad I decided to go for it and try this recipe!  My only regret was that I should have used the second can of pizza sauce I purchased.  I like my pizza extra saucy, but I honestly wasn't expecting the biscuit crust to be so successful.  I really hope that this pizza can help to save many more pizza-deficient cooks, like myself!

 Estimated Prep & Cook Time: ~1 hour

Ingredients & Supplies
  • Baking pan of choice
  • Skillet
  • 1 to 2 Cans Pizza Sauce
  • 1lb Hamburger
  • Refrigerated biscuits (not the flaky kind!)
  • 8oz shredded cheese, any kind
  • Pepperonis
  • Fresh Mushrooms
  • Other pizza toppings of choice



How To
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Brown hamburger in skillet
  3. While hamburger is browning, open biscuits and place into baking pan
  4. When hamburger has finished browning, mix with pizza sauce
  5. You can mix in your pepperonis now or add them later.  It doesn't matter.
  6. Spread mixture over biscuits.
  7. Add cheese on top of that and pop into the oven.
  8. Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes.  I set my time for 28 minutes.  You don't want to pull early and have soggy, biscuit crust.  Leave in for this long to ensure your biscuits don't become soggy.
  9. Take out, cut, eat.  Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Blog contents © Mom's Potty Mouth 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.