First Fort

Sunday, January 27, 2013


Oh, fort building.  All good childhoods are filled with epic forts made of sheets and pillows and whatever else you can get your hands on.  In the boys' playroom one day I found a makeshift fort.  I'm sure it was made by Talon and made his best friend (our across-the-street-neighbor) or his cousins (whose house is also within sight of ours).  Talon was visiting with his mother and there was no way I was fitting into his fort with Gabriel.

I'm not even sure that Gabe really wanted to play in the fort.  However, remembering how much fun I'd had building forts, I was thrilled to build a fort with him.  Gabriel watched in awe as I whizzed around his room and up and down the stairs with various fort building materials (blankets, chairs, pillows, etc). I think I might have been even more excited than he was!

After it was done, it was pretty epic, if I must say so myself. I crawled in and there was plenty of room for both of us. We called Daddy up and "hid" from him. Gabe was tickled pink. It was a lot of fun. What are your fondest childhood memories? What silly, inexpensive/free games and activities do you share with your children from your childhood?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Blog contents © Mom's Potty Mouth 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.